Sometimes, things happen, and you're just not able to make an event that you had planned on. Not to worry, Spartan Race does allow you to defer your unused registration.
Spartan Race Deferral Process
- 30 Days Prior To Race To Defer: You have until 7 days BEFORE your event to defer your UNUSED registration to a new event. You do not have to complete the process and choose your new event at this time, but you must initiate the deferment within 30 days.
- End of 2020 To Use Deferral Credit Towards New Race: You will have until the end of 2020 to sign up for your new event. The new event does not have to take place within that time, but you need to register by then (i.e., the new event can take place a year from now, but you must register for it by the end of the year). The credit expires at the end of 2020 and no further credit will be offered.
- At the time you defer your race, you are charged the flat deferment fee of $600 (Unless you are transferring a Festival Pass or Kids registration).
- When you defer your registration to a future event, you will be given a credit for the amount paid, minus any discounts (does not include insurance or service fees). For example, your race price was $2000 and you had a discount for $50 off. You would receive a credit of $1950 to use for your next race.
- When you register for the new event with your deferment credit, you will be responsible for any price difference between the credit and the current price of the event you are signing up for. Credits do not apply to the service fee.
- You will also not be able to use any discount codes, offers, or other credits when signing up for the new event.
- The deferment credit is valid for a single use on a registration. Any deferment credit remaining after you sign up for the new event will be forfeited. It cannot be used for future events, the Participant Insurance, processing fees, or merchandise.
- At this time, you are only able to defer your entry to another Spartan event within Mexico.
- Log into your ChronoTrack account - make sure to use the same email address you signed up with.
- There you will find an "Upcoming" and "Past" race tab. Locate the race you would like to defer.
- On the right side, click the blue "Change Race" button. If you do not see that button, please review the timelines section above.
- When you click "Change Race", you'll have two options:
Change to Another Race: this will allow you to move your Start Times WITHIN the same race date.
Defer my registration for another event: this will allow you to withdraw from this event and receive credit to use at a different Spartan event.
- You will then be asked to confirm the Race Deferral fee ($600) and to finalize that transaction.
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation of your deferral, with a coupon code that can be used to move to the next race of your choice. This coupon code is shown to you onscreen, emailed to you in a confirmation email, and saved for reference and use in the "Coupons" tab of your Chronotrack profile.
- When you're ready to register for your NEW race, simply go through the registration process as usual for the new event. Input the Deferral Code you received into the Coupon Code box during registration and you will be credited the appropriate amount. Any remaining fees (price difference, Participant insurance, processing charge) will be your responsibility at that time.
- To Defer To Another Person: Simply give them the code you received after deferring the registration for them to use on their entry. It does not need to be used for the same race. All timelines and pricing noted above will apply.
*Note: When deferring to a new race or person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the desired race or heat is not sold out prior to completing the transaction. We cannot guarantee any specific time slots or heats.